– Gndevank is one of the most important monuments of Armenian architecture. It is located in the picturesque gorge of Arpa River, 1 km west of Gndevaz village. According to the tradition, the monastery was built 40 days by Syunik’s Sophia princesse, who sold her last wealth – her earings(gind means earing in armenian), so the monastery was called Gndevank.
– The other exceptional stop is Jrovank Monastery which is a hydrogeological monument in Armenia. This natural monument is located 3 km south-east from the village of Arpi in Vayots Dzor, in the stream of the river Jrovank on the left tributary of Arpa River. As a chapel, Jrovank is included in the list of immovable monuments of history and culture of Arpi.
– Another beautiful and exclusive stop of the tour is the church built in the village of Malishka, Vayots Dzor – Anna Church, built in 2000, by famous Armenian benefactor Ara Abrahamyan. Church bears the name of the mother of Virgin Mary – Anna.
– We will finish the tour by visiting the Church of the Holy Mother of God church in Areni and going back to Yerevan.
ATTENTION, during this wonderful tour, there is a hiking section, about 7 km (all together).
– Gandevank Monastery
– Jrovank Monastery
– The Holy Mother God church in Areni
– St. Anna church of Malishka
1. guide service
Starting place - Yerevan Komitas State Conservatory.
Taking into consideration that places are limited please contact us and register in advance.
In case of cancellation of the tour which has been confirmed by the client and company,
payment for the booking is made in full.
In case of cancellation, the amount paid is non-refundable.