– Gndevank is one of the most important monuments of Armenian architecture. It is located in the picturesque gorge of Arpa River, 1 km west of Gndevaz village. According to the tradition, the monastery was built 40 days by Syunik’s Sophia princesse, who sold her last wealth – her earings(gind means earing in armenian), so the monastery was called Gndevank.
– The other exceptional stop is Jrovank Monastery which is a hydrogeological monument in Armenia. This natural monument is located 3 km south-east from the village of Arpi in Vayots Dzor, in the stream of the river Jrovank on the left tributary of Arpa River. As a chapel, Jrovank is included in the list of immovable monuments of history and culture of Arpi.
– Another beautiful and exclusive stop of the tour is the church built in the village of Malishka, Vayots Dzor – Anna Church, built in 2000, by famous Armenian benefactor Ara Abrahamyan. Church bears the name of the mother of Virgin Mary – Anna.
– We will finish the tour by visiting the Church of the Holy Mother of God church in Areni and going back to Yerevan.
ATTENTION, during this wonderful tour, there is a hiking section, about 7 km (all together).
– Gandevank Monastery
– Jrovank Monastery
– The Holy Mother God church in Areni
– St. Anna church of Malishka
1. guide service
Starting place - Yerevan Komitas State Conservatory.
Taking into consideration that places are limited please contact us and register in advance.
The reservation will be considered final, after you receive confirmation from us