Going on a trip, first of all, you should take care of the place of future accommodation. How to choose the right hotel, and what should you pay attention to in the first place?
Useful tips for choosing the right hotel
When choosing a hostel or hotel, of course, you need to be guided by your own preferences and priorities. For example, newlyweds on a romantic trip may have some requests, while a married couple with small children may have completely different ones. Decide what is important and necessary for you and your companions, not forgetting the amount that you are willing to allocate for accommodation. This will make it easier to help your search and focus on options with the best value for money.
Hotel service level, number of stars:
One of the main criteria when choosing a hotel is the “star” classification accepted all over the world. Here it is worth considering that, depending on the specific country, hotels with the same number of stars may differ from each other in terms of service level.
- One or two stars – economy class hotels. Accommodation here is inexpensive, however, one should not expect special comfort or additional services from such establishments. Budget hotels are most often equipped with standard single or double rooms: towels and linen can be changed here once a week.
- Three-star accommodation with the best value for money. By the way, three-star hotels in European countries in terms of comfort and service correspond, for example, to 4-star Turkish hotels. Here you will be offered a decent level of service, no frills. You can find triple family rooms or ask for an extra bed for a child.
- Four stars – a high-class hotel, the cost of living is above average. Most often, the rooms are equipped with a private bathroom, bath, air conditioning, personal hygiene items. Linen and towels are changed daily.
- Five stars – hotels and luxury hotels. Here, the service includes not only standard, but also exclusive services. The environment is luxurious, for the convenience of customers there is additional infrastructure: a spa, a fitness club, a swimming pool, a sauna, a conference room, etc.
- In some countries you can find hotels with six or seven stars. They are not included in the international classification system, but most often they are premium-class establishments with very expensive accommodation, exclusive environment and a number of additional services.
The level of safety and comfort of the hotel area
Of course, you should pay special attention to the location of the hotel, especially for budget-class establishments. Often, such hotels can be located in not the most prosperous areas, or even on the outskirts. Getting to them will not always be convenient. It is also worth asking about the availability of various entertainment venues nearby, you must admit that loud music playing until late at all will not help to relax and unwind from the road. As for expensive hotels, they are mostly located in the central areas of cities or have their own transfer service.
What type of accommodation to choose?
There is an international classification of types of accommodation in a hotel, where different types of accommodation are indicated by short abbreviations. Knowing their values, you can choose the type of accommodation that best suits you and your companions.
- Single room – SGL (Single)
- Double room with one double bed – DBL (Double)
- Double room with two single beds – TWN (Twin)
- Triple room with one double and one extra bed (usually for a child) – DBL+EXBed
- Triple room with three single beds – TRPL (Triple)
Which room type to choose?
In addition to various types of accommodation in hotels, there are also different types of rooms, which also have their own designations. Living in different rooms can vary significantly in cost, depending on the “rating” of this room, furnishings, view from the window, comfort level, etc.
- Standard room – STD (Standard)
- Superior room -(Superior)
- Deluxe suite, can be two-room – (Suite)
- Room with bedroom BDR (Bedroom)
- Family room, designed for 4 or more people – (Family room)
- Apartments – APT (Apartment)
- Duplex room – (Duplex)
- Bungalow or separate houses – BGL, BG, Villa, Village (bungalow).